Yes, Thanksgiving is here. Time for turkey, pie, green bean casserole, and lots of gratefulness.
And here it comes, the question you here every year, you knew it was coming....
What are you thankful for?
[but seriously, I know all of you are thankful for your family, your friends, your faith, and all that wonderful vagueness, so let's have some specific lists of things you're thankful for, eh?]
I'll start.
The Bible is never a cop-out.
My very supportive, encouraging, God-seeking parents
My hilarious siblings. :) who, also happen to be my biggest fan club.
My church body, and the friends I have there. You all are so great. :)
My wonderful Rainmakers. You have changed my life. No joke.
TeenPact and all the awesome people involved. Students, staff, interns, and all! Love you!
Ultimate Frisbee
Amazing language, music, and lit teachers. :)
Blogs and comments [hint hint]
Encouraging emails and letters
music
An incredible internship
And so so much more... but I'm running out the door, so I'm out of time.
And, of course, that God not only gave me all these amazing blessings, but offers a relationship that makes all of them unnecessary to my ultimate joy. Jesus, You are all I need.
Happy Thanksgiving!
I love thinking about things that I'm thankful for that I have, but also lately I've been thinking about things I'm thankful for that I do NOT have. Such as sickness or things God has withheld from me :) altogether there is so much to be thankful for it boggles my finite mind ;) hehe
ReplyDeleteGood idea - a specific list, eh?
ReplyDeleteI am thankful that each of us has a need for awe and wonder. Deep down, we have this desire to be amazed and to hear whispers of something bigger than ourselves. There is a reason why we can go to the beach and gaze upon the ocean for hours at a time. There is a reason why we spend hours climbing mountains and hours more smelling the sweet mountain air and feeling closer to the clouds. There is a reason why we look at a newborn child and can barely breathe.
And then, this need for wonder finds something bigger, something so large it can't comprehend - the love and grace of God. It is then that we understand truly what being in awe really is, and it is also then that we begin to bask in even greater awe at His creation, craggy peaks, and newborn babies. The wonder finds its match in the maker of wonder, the wonderful God of love. My mind is not big enough to grasp the immensity of the grace and love of God, nor do I feel like my heart can understand it - but I can say this, I love it, I need it, and I am thankful for it. Happy Thanksgiving!
I am thankful for comments on my blog as well (cough*cough) ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd totally agree with the Bible never being a cop-out. We, as Christians, have nothing to be afraid of. No ideology will ever boot out Christianity!
Music