This week was really long and difficult. I was working on getting an important college application in, and it was mentally and physically draining. There were times I felt exhausted, weak, defeated, and sometimes, I just wanted to give up.
But God knows what we need, and He always provides.
God gave me today.
Today was amazing for a couple reasons.
First, I got to go campaigning with my sister and some really good friends, which was amazing. And it was sunny!! It totally made my day that in the middle of a rainy cold week, it was sunny and nice while we were canvasing this morning. I mean, it's rainy right now, but it stopped for us!
Second, I got the application in the mail. Getting some huge school project done always gives me a little bounce. My application is in the mail, and that's done and over with. In God's hands.
Third, I got a bit of news I've been waiting for, and it was good. :)
After today, I'll be diving back into a thousand things I need to do. In fact, I'm trying to get caught up on math today. The rest of this week will be difficult as I try to make up for doing nothing but college prep this week. I will be weary. I will feel weak (because I am.) I will feel defeated sometimes. But I will remember that God is good.
Life is tough. But sometimes, God gives you days like today. Days when you remember how much He loves you. Days when you crest the wave and take a huge breath of air before diving down again. Days when you stand on the top of the hill, and get your bearings on the Celestial City again. Days when you remember what it feels like to be so excited, nothing else matters. Days when it feels like your heart can't hold all the joy, because your God is so good.
Yes, I just want to say, thank you to God, for today. Today was... amazing. Like a moment can make your day, a day can make your week.
Days like today.
Was the good news a letter from TeenPact regarding staffing in 2011? ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat's not out of the question. :)
ReplyDelete