inevitable. exciting. painful. necessary. frightening. just some of the words that come to mind when I think about the change in life.
I've experienced a lot of change. But never more than I have in the last six months to a year. It's very odd to think back to a year ago.
A year ago, I was in the height of my debating career. I was in the middle of my year of staffing TeenPact. I was living at home when I wasn't traveling all over the country.
A year ago, almost to the day, I was visiting Patrick Henry College.
I knew my life would be different by the end of the year, but I don't know if I ever stopped to think about how different it would be. Sometimes, in the middle of my day, I will stop for a moment and reflect on the drastic changes I've seen in the last six months. I can't think about it for too long - it's too overwhelming to process. Not all bad. Not necessarily all good either. Sometimes slow - a two steps forward and one step back at times. Sometimes far too fast - precious moments slipped through my fingers before I even had a chance to fully understand them.
We've been reading Augustine's Confessions in Western Literature. In class yesterday, Dr. Libby asked us to think over our lives, and briefly write a mini confessions. Write down some experiences we had had that impacted us, people we had met, or things we had learned.
I stared at the blank paper in front of me. A mini confessions? There would be nothing mini about my confessions. There were too many experiences that all built up into each other. Too many people. And certainly too many lessons.
I will say this - I had a very difficult time concentrating for the rest of class.
But, if I had to summarize all the change, all the lessons and experiences, into one small package, it would be this.
God is faithful and constant. God loves me and has beautiful plans for us. God is strong, and we can trust Him.
That is my confession. And all the change this world has to throw at me cannot change that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No, I will not stoop to begging for comments through annoying blinkies... but please?