Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fireflies

I saw my first firefly!

We were walking towards our rental car after the first day of the tournament, when I suddenly heard the cry, "Look! It's... it's a firefly!"
And sure enough, a little bug flew along, lighting up every 8-10 seconds in the already-enchanting time at dusk. I was so excited! I think everyone, especially those who lived in states where fireflies were normal, were quite amused by my inability to get over the fact that there was a real firefly.

Since that first day, I've seen many fireflies, and all of them thrilled me as much as that first one did. They add a magical appearance to the most average garden or field. How amazing is it, that God decided to create these tiny creatures that don't bite or buzz, but rather add this little bit of light to the world as it turns to night? God is so awesome that way!

They reminded me of us as Christians. Each firefly is so small, and only stays lit for a couple of seconds. They shouldn't technically be able to make a difference. But when they all shine their brightest for those few seconds, they add light and beauty to a swiftly darkening world.

I love fireflies!

~Rachel Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

No, I will not stoop to begging for comments through annoying blinkies... but please?