Hello friends!
This is my first blog post on my new blog! I hope you enjoy reading what I write here.
So, what is my blog for exactly?
Call it a mind dump. A place where I journal my observations, thoughts, reflections, and what God may be teaching me about them, for you to read. Some of the posts may be spiritual, practical, political (because sometimes I just can't help myself) and others will be more light-hearted or funny.
So, what's with the name?
I love watching the Olympics. Always have. One of the most inspiring parts is when a very privileged runner reaches his or her destination, and lights the Olympic torch. One of the things that has struck me about that moment, however, is that it isn't the whole story. It took weariness, pain, and perseverance to get the torch to that point. And only the last runner got to light the torch. That means that all the runners before him or her went through all that trouble, and still didn't light the torch. In fact, most of them probably weren't even there.
Our walks as Christians are much like that. In Hebrews chapter 11, "The Hall of Faith", after listing many great men and women of God, the writer points out, "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth" (Hebrews 11:13). Just like most of those torch-bearers in the Olympics, who did not get to light the torch, many of us may die having not received the promises. Our job is to carry our light with perseverance, and pass it on to the next runner, knowing that the promises will come to pass, whether in our lifetime, or that of another. We need to run with endurance that race which God has set before us, regardless of where it might lead, or where the destination will be.
So, that's what's with the name.
I hope you enjoy reading this blog and it is also my prayer that you will grow and benefit from it as well.
Thanks for reading!
Carrying the Torch,
Rachel Lynn
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI am the anonymous poster who is posting to make you happy! Because i know you want someone to post! :)