So yeah... lots of songs. It helps me process. Haven't managed to get the words on paper any other way. So here's another one.
[1]
Broken, so ashamed of who I am, and who I’m not,
Painfully aware of my own inadequacies,
Distracted by the voice of my accuser taunting me,
Trying to ignore the fears gnawing away inside of me.
[pre-chorus]
So I cower in a corner afraid to make a move,
Forgetting You’ve completed what I’m trying to prove.
[chorus]
You made the greatest sacrifice to take away my sin
Your blood poured to the ground so that I could be free,
So who am I, to live in fear and shame?
And who am I to doubt the work You’ve done inside of me?
As You died that day, You said, “It is finished,”
So I will rest in the work that You’ve completed.
[2]
Everyday, accusations tear away inside my soul,
And I wonder why You would love me.
But there’s no condemnation, but mercy in Your wounds,
And it’s Your perfect holiness that God’s justice sees.
[bridge]
God poured out His justice on You in place of me,
So I don’t need to heed the voice of lies.
I can have boldness to enter in before the King,
In full assurance Your salvation is now also mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No, I will not stoop to begging for comments through annoying blinkies... but please?