Just a thought from the blogger...
No matter who you are or what your background is... no matter how far you've come or how smart you may be... when you tell God that you want to live for Him, prepare for one challenging, awesome, totally crazy adventure. Because God is just awesome that way. :)
It's hard to believe it's August already. Earlier in June I took a pause as I realize that a year ago I attended my first TeenPact alumni event, having no clue the growth, relationships, and adventures that would come from that one week. And today I realized that it is August. I was at the Wolcott's house yesterday, and realized that at this place, almost a year ago, my debate adventure began.
Take advantage of those moments when you can stop and look back. Milestones. I like to call it placing a marker this side of the Jordan, as the Israelites did when God did something awesome. Where were you a year ago? And how did those experiences, decisions, even moments, affect who you are today?
Take a moment. Reflect on the path behind you. And thank God for an amazing adventure.
"'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home."
~Rachel Lynn
Amen sis. Have I ever told you how amazing you are? :) Love ya!
ReplyDeleteDouble amen! "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." God completely redeems us! Not only does God take the good things in our life and uses them for good, but as I heard from a pastor once, "God uses even our bone-headed mistakes (and I've done plenty of bone-headed things) for good!" Great reminder Rachel - looking at where God has lead us makes us realize what an incredible adventure this really is!
ReplyDeletei was just thinking about the same thing. thinking wow, look at how much God's grown me in just this past year. you're right, it's pretty amazing to pause look back. God is so good.
ReplyDeleteand it makes me look forward to seeing what God will do in the future.