Monday, March 15, 2010

Trust

Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary:

Trust: n "An assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something."


If you trust a friend, you confide in him or her. You trust their character.

If you trust a boat, you step into it. You trust it's ability to float.

If you trust a chair, you rest in/on it. You trust it's strength to hold you.

If you trust an expert, you quote him or her. You trust the truth of their words.

If you trust God you... pray but plan for the worst?

Who do you trust? What is your trust placed in?

Can you trust the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, just, loving, holy Creator of the universe?

I think so.

Do we trust Him?

Now that is a question to ponder.

2 comments:

  1. Is our faith placed in something/someone because we are singly devoid of personal fear or doubt in that object, regardless of its authenticity, or because we have confidence/faith in the absolute veracity of the object of our faith/trust? I believe those are two very different kinds of faith. Brook and I were discussing the subject yesterday and I wanted to pass on the question for further ruminating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the question is do we really beleive He is imnipotent, sovereign, etc. If we truly beleive that than we have trust.
    Good post sis!

    ReplyDelete

No, I will not stoop to begging for comments through annoying blinkies... but please?